I took Hallee and Addie to the doctor today. Hallee needed her kindergarten check up and Addie needed her 3 year check up. Mike had looked at Hals shot record before we arrived. He had told her she didn't need any shots.
I picked up Hal from school and we went to lunch with Mike before her appt. She asked Mike for the 8th time if she would need shots and of course he said no.
We walked in and checked in. Everything was fine. We went back and did the eye test, weight, height and blood pressure. Jill the medical assistant came in to prick her finger for her iron level. Things got a little out of control at this point. After talking with her and Hal screaming, I finally held her down. We were done, right?
The girls started playing and Mike came in to see how they were doing. We were doing fine at this point. The Doctor came in and did the exam. The girls did great. He came back in and told me that they both would need one shot. I had thought we had Hal all done last year. Ugh, all but one.
The MA went and and grabbed Mike to help me. Addie sat in Mikes lap and was given the shot. She didn't even cry or fuss until after. Mike told her if she needed some Tylenol he could give her some and Addie quit crying and was fine. Add hates any kind of medicine.
Hallee was screaming and crying. We hadn't even started. Mike had to grab her and I held her legs so she couldn't kick the poor MA. She was given the shot and wouldn't stop crying. She was so mad at Mike and I.
I kissed Mike goodbye and we took off. Hallee at this point isn't talking to me. She is still crying in her car seat and my mom can hear Hal crying as I am talking to her on the way home.
I made a quick stop to get the girls McDonalds. We arrived home and Hal finally started talking to me about an hour later.
Addie slept on the couch for a good hour and woke up happy as ever.
Hallee has been a little crabby tonight and I was wishing that Mike wasn't working the night shift.
What a day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment