Friday, May 1, 2009

Who's the PA student?


I have to tell this story. Addie has been acting funny the last couple of days. I have gotten maybe 3-5 hours of sleep each night for the last 3 nights. I have been thinking that something was wrong. Addie would have a fever and then I would give her meds and it would go away. Mike looked at her and talked to his brother and they thought she was alright. A nurse looked at her and said that I was overreacting. I was so mad at Mike because he hadn't described it right to Mikes brother Jeff. I really thought I was crazy! Late last night I went to the Dr. because I knew that something was wrong! To put it nicely Mike and I were fighting about it. I waited in the waiting room with my two girls. Hallee was so sweet and good while waiting. After 2 hours at the office I found out that Addie had pink eye! I knew it! I had told Mike I thought it was pink eye and everyone told me different. I called Mike and said in a sarcastic voice "maybe I should be the one in PA school." Addie slept so much better last night and so did I. I feel bad looking back, but I was so tired and sick of no one listening to me. Mike just said as I was writing this "good thing I am only a first year!" I love you Mike!

4 comments:

~Rachel said...

Gotta love mother's intuition! But, I bet you had been wrong though...poor baby with pink eye! The boys passed that back and forth to each other twice this past summer. I had to disinfect all of their toys, doorknobs, and light switches so it would leave our house!! Good Luck to you!!

Meem said...

Poor Addie girl, pink eye is no fun. Hope you are sleeping better now Meg. Mem

Merinda said...

In Mike's defense, sometimes we mothers just know. I had a ped. once that was really down to earth. I used to run my kids in what some might think was too early. My kids doctor always listened to me as I would tell him what I "think" was going on and when I would tell him that I hoped he didn't think I was crazy, he would reassure me that mothers know their children better than anyone else and are 9 times out of 10 right about what is going on. You can't blame anyone else for being wrong, just thank Heavenly Father for such a wonderful gift that he has given us to take care of them.

Erin said...

Never doubt a mama's intuition!