Sunday, February 7, 2010

The little things.



Mike and I are enjoying our kids more than ever. I am going to start with Addie. She has been so cute lately. She is starting to make sentences. She loves to color. She has been using her left hand. Mike and I are trying to make her use her right. Nothing against left handed people, but we live in a right handed world. She is so funny when she goes to color. She looks at Mike or I and says "hand, hand, hand?" She is getting our approval on what hand to use. Too cute.
Hallee on the other hand is keeping us busy. She loves to play games. I find myself getting sucked into playing them all the time. She also loves to read scriptures with us. The youth and leaders have been challenged to read the Book of Mormon by May 31st. Mike and I are doing it. Mike isn't in YMs, but he helps me to read. Hallee pulls up a pillow by Mike and when it's his turn to read she repeats everything he says. I love it.
We are so grateful for this time in our life.

Hallee has her own camera. Her picture was taken by her camera. She loves it!

9 comments:

Tashina said...

Hallee looks so grown up in that pic! So cute!

Kathy and Leroy said...

So, let her be left handed. I use both hands. She can be like grandma!!!

Jason and Kimber said...

Cute! Addie was doing that to me at church saying hand, hand, hand. I didn't know what to say so every time she asked I just shook my head yes. haha! Hallee's camera took a good picture.

~Rachel said...

Hallee does look grown up there!! Parker is a lefty for writing and throwing and righty for other things! She'll figure out which hands works for her.

Andrea said...

Don't they just warm your heart! Love those little kids! I think out of my twins I have one that is right and one that is left. His dad is all excited because he thinks he'll have the advantage in sports leading with his left hand. Priorities, right?

K S & R said...

Oh they're so cute! We love you all! ...Hope Mike's head is still doing ok! ;) Guess What??? We're coming down there over our Spring Break! It'll probably be the 18, 19, & 20th of March! We're coming down to have kind of a 'pre-interview' with the midwestern school of podiatry director! We're staying with Kirk's brother's family, but we're definitely hanging out with you guys too! yea!

Max said...

FWIW, Dr. Spock (the pediatrician) said: "Left-handed children are more likely to test out as highly creative and to have extremely high verbal or math ability--both of which are considered to be predominantly left-brain functions."
Mmmm, that doesn't sound bad to me:~)

Mike and Meg said...

You have to say that Dad, you are left handed.

Brewer Family said...

I didn't know you were in Young Womens. or if I did I forgot. What is your calling. I was put in YW right before Christmas as Persona Progress leader/ another counselor. Your girls are so sweet. I live how Hallee reads with you guys.