Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hallee does tell the truth!

Tonight Mike and I went shopping with the kids. I told Mike not to come so he could study, but he insisted! We went to Walmart, my favorite store. Not. You do what you have to do. Well to make a long story short, we had a little scare. I had Hallee in one cart, and Mike had Addie in another. Hallee asked if she could hold my wallet. I thought what could it hurt. Well, I gave her the lecture before hand of not dropping it. We continued to shop and I asked Hallee where was my wallet because I couldn't see it in her hand. She told me she didn't know where it was! Mike was so mad at me! The first words out of his mouth were, "WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING GIVING A TWO YEAR OLD YOU WALLET"? Lets just say he didn't just say it! I was so scared that I had lost it, and to make matters worse Mike was upset! I asked Hallee where she put it. She told me that she forgot and then she had put it by the bananas. Mike and I searched everywhere. I found a Walmart worker and asked if she had seen it. Guess where she had found it? In the bananas of course. My little Hallee had kept telling us that it was in the bananas and I didn't listen to her. I learned 2 lessons tonight. First, never give your wallet to your daughter! Second, Hallee does tell the truth! My heart is still racing tonight! I hate the feeling that something so important is lost! Mike did say his sorry of course!

6 comments:

Elissa said...

How scary to think you might have lost your wallet. You have taught her well. What a good trait to have.

Faasuamanu and Melinda Toilolo said...

IT IS ALWAYS SO MUCH BETTER WHEN YOU FIND THINGS LIKE THAT. I THOUGHT I LOST MY WEDDING RING A FEW MONTHS AGO, I WAS TOO SCARED TO EVEN TELL FAA. I called in a claim on it to the insurance company and everything. turns out he found it on the floor in the hall and he just picked it up and put it on a shelf, waiting for me to say something to him. Of course that never happened.. I just happened to find it on the shelf! Lucky for me.. but lucky for you.. and Way to go at being a Mom that she knows to tell the truth..

Natalie Francis said...

I thought I had lost my wallet at Walmart once. I looked everywhere in that stupid store! I started calling to cancel credit cards as I was walking out to my car, certain someone had stolen it. Once to my car, I realized I had left it on my front seat. Ha! It was a pretty sick feeling though.

Tiff and Rand said...

Worst feeling EVER!!! I'm so glad you found it. Isn't it nice when they're old enough to tell you things like that? Whenever Riley takes something and I need it, I just ask him where he put it, he thinks for a second then says, "Oh yeah!" and runs in the direction where he left it, and he's always right! So nice. And I LOVE you blog, it's adorable.

Erin said...

Okay, that is seriously something I would do and actually do do! Maybe I should consider stopping. Kyle amazes me with his memory sometimes. I've learned not to doubt him when he says he knows where something is. :)

Olsen's said...

Oh I would have been freaking out too! I'm so glad it was a happy ending for you guys! It's good she can talk. Addi hides thing all the time at home and I can never find them when I need it!